ISARIC offers two different types of membership – the Full Membership and the Individual Membership.
In line with our Membership Policy, the Full membership is open to any organisation whose primary activity is led and initiated by an investigator, and involves multicentre research targeting acutely ill adults and/or children. To be eligible for a full membership, organisations need to be:
- Independent and founded, led and run by academic investigators (not led by industry)
- Scientifically active, with scholarly contributions that are attributable to the network and in research areas relevant to the consortium
- Multicentre – involving multiple centres of different institutions
- Have access to patients for potential enrolment into studies (applicable to clinically focused organisations)
- Supportive of ISARIC’s vision and mission in terms of data-sharing, contributing to joint publications and involved in the consortium’s goals and research activities
- Organised and structured in a manner consistent with the mission and vision of ISARIC
Consideration will be given to organisations, which are not networks but are relevant to the mission of ISARIC.
Consideration will also be given to Individual Membership on an individual basis, by ISARIC’s Executive Committee.
All of these criteria must be met for membership as part of ISARIC’s Scientific Council.
The Individual Membership in ISARIC , on the other hand, is open to any academic investigator who shares the ISARIC vision, and agrees with our mission statement, open-access ethos and data-sharing policy (available from the end of July), but who is not eligible to be currently represented by one of the Member networks of ISARIC.
Individual members will be eligible to contribute to Working Groups and be Chair of a Working Group. Individual members will not have any representation on the Council of ISARIC or be eligible for election to the ISARIC Executive Committee, but may be a member of the Council by virtue of being the Chair of a Working Group
If you want to join ISARIC, you will need to read through our Membership Policy and fill in a Membership Form, either for Full Membership or Individual Membership. Please contact the Coordinating Centre to request a form and a copy of the Membership Policy.
For more information about Working Groups, what they do and who they are, please see the Working Group page.